Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Snatch X30

Snatch, this may seem like a funny word, however when referring to a workout it is not funny at all.  This is a starting from the ground to overhead in one explosive motion, in very simple terms.  I was taught tonight the basics of a snatch with a PVC pipe.  Then the WOD
ISABELLE
30 Snatches for time (45lb weight for me)
4:49

I struggled through this awkward movement for the first 10 and then the movement started to become a little easier.  I don't think I will ever be able to perfect this movement and I am just fine with that.  I just hope to be able to do it without so much mental anguish every single time.  All I could hear in my head was one of the instructors, "Through the roof!"
I am quickly learning that this is a process and that I will always have more to learn and things to be better at.  This reminds me of a quote that Eric told me, "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better."  Coco Crossfit.  I am reminding myself that I am getting better.
So since the workout was quick and intense I met up with my cousin and her son for a 2 mile jog along the tow path by my house.  A very nice way to wind down my night.

No comments:

Post a Comment