Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Burpees make me want to puke...

I walked into CF tonight excited to workout.  Then I see the white board.  WHAT?!?!?!  I have just walked into hell.  Burpee box jumps?  You have got to be kidding me!
Tonights WOD
25 8lb Wall Balls
20 Burpee 12 inch Box jumps
15 8lb Wall Balls
10 Burpee 12 inch Box jumps
5 8lb Wall Balls.

As I walked over to start my first round of burpee box jumps I was ready to just give up.  I still have a little fear of the box jumps.  I am afraid that I am going to slam my shins into the side and miss the box.  I also really HATE burpees.  I feel like I am flopping all over the place and in all reality I probably am and no one is telling me.  So both the thing I fear and the thing I despise are both in the same movement.  I decided that since there was a cap on time I would just start them.  If it took me 20 minutes to get through just those first 20 burpee box jumps then so be it!  I had to do it for myself.  Well I finished the entire WOD in 8:25.  Not bad considering I didn't know if I would make it through the first half.

I don't know if I will ever be truly comfortable with the box jumps and I am pretty confident that I will NEVER enjoy doing a burpee.  However, if they help my butt look good in a pair of skinny jeans I will suck it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment