Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 22, 2012

New running partner-my pup!

Today was another run day.  The CF I have joined has an open gym on Sunday.  This means that any member can go in and work on anything that they want or do a workout that was missed earlier in the week.  I decided that this is not a big goal for me to attend, it is probably too early into my CF experience to really gain much from it.
So instead I took my 5 year old rottie Ava for a light 2.5 mile jog instead. We had fun on the tow path even in the rain.  She helped keep me motivated.  When my pace would slow a little she would rub her face on my hip and remind me to stay focused.
However I am now having issues with my food.  The steroids that I am on for my ear issues are causing extreme hunger and bloating.  As soon as I finish eating I am thinking about eating again!  I did make my chicken salad for lunches this week.  So I am trying to stay prepared and good for the week.  However, Eric took me to my favorite, Pav's, and for the second time this week I had the NY cheesecake ice cream!  The only good news is that is not the flavor of the week starting tomorrow, so I cannot go back for it.
I am also still struggling with my ever changing schedule.  So food and time management are my focus this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment