Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Differences-taking control!

Day 6...Today is an off day from the gym.  After yesterday's grueling workout I am a little sore, but not as sore as Day 1.  Maybe I am beginning to build up a little tolerance for the soreness.
So here I am almost a week into my journey, and I have noticed a few changes or differences from other workout programs that I have tried.

1.  The Aerobics class-I would go and try out new classes offered and never receive much instruction because there would be one teacher to about 15-20 students.  It is more of a follow the leader type workout.  I also never felt completely accepted.  At CF I have 1 on 1 instruction on every move I make to start out.  Also when I walk in and see a new face they immediately offer a hand shake and introduce themselves to me!  I know everyone I am working out with.  The CF instructors and others in the class actually cheer you on through your workout.  It is an amazing feeling as you are pushing with that last bit of effort in you to hear, "That's it Becky!  Push!  You are doing awesome!"  Who doesn't want to hear that when you are working out?!  I love it!

2.  Home videos-I don't have to do it.  I will admit to skipping over the difficult parts or parts I just don't like.  Nobody sees me.  Nobody knows I just skipped that part.  Nobody cheers me on directly.  Nobody cares if I do it or not.  At CF everybody sees you.  Everybody wants you to push through and succeed at the difficult stuff.  Everybody cheers you on.

3.  The gym-As a girl the gym is very intimidating!  I would find a piece of equipment, read the instructions printed on the side, and adjust everything to my height and as soon as I would start my first reps someone would come over and stand there waiting for the machine, timing me.  Then on the treadmills, ellipticals or bikes there are sign ups, time limits, and again someone standing there waiting for their turn.  I always felt rushed like I was taking up another person's time by working out.  At CF everyone works together.  I am never in someone's way.  If I am slower than another person they will cheer me on to help me through rather than looking irritated that I am taking up time.

I hope that me realizing these differences it will help make a difference in my commitment.  I have already noticed a difference in that I am sleeping so much better.  I am also eating better then ever and without feeling deprived or having cravings for unhealthy foods.  This has come very naturally.
So in 6 days I really do feel like I am taking back my life and that I have more control than ever!



1 comment:

  1. Awesome post...very good points to pick up on about the differences.

    ReplyDelete