Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My power snatch is better...and an eye opener for my diet.

Hey everyone!  It have been a crazy 2 weeks.  I had an infection, found out that I was allergic to Penicillin, and felt like crap for about 5 straight days.  However I have pushed through it.  I am improving my running.  I have had 2 runs and a CF workout in the last 24 hours.
Last night's run was 5.5 miles and tonights was an easier 3.  This morning WOD was "Randy" 75 power snatches for time.  
I shared the bar with my 6am buddy so we each did 50 power snatches in 9:56.  I was excited to hear the trainer tell me that I had great form on my power snatch.  He even told me to tell my trainer husband that my snatch was better than his.  Now I am not sure if this is true (he has been at this for years.), he did his workout later in the day while I was running.  However, it was really nice to hear that kind of a compliment at 6 in the morning.  The snatch movement for some reason has come easy to me compared with some of the other movements like the clean and jerk. 
On the diet side of things...I have gotten a calorie counter app for my phone.  I track everything that I eat/drink.  It even has a bar code scanner for those foods that I do eat that are packaged.  Surprising to me, there are not very many anymore.  Just my prepackaged almonds and almond milk for protein shakes on most days.  By tracking my foods I have been able to see that I am still very low on my protein intake and high on the carbs due to all the veggies and fruits that I am eating.  It is allowing me to adjust my diet to hopefully help me perform better.  
Now all I need is a few solid weeks of no health issues.  I am hoping that all of the workouts and improvements in my diet will help me to maintain a healthier mind and body.  

No comments:

Post a Comment