Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 2, 2012

A little bit of "DIET" talk


So today I wanted to talk a little about "DIET".  This is an area that I have MAJOR room to improve at.  I am dubbed "The Carb Queen" by my husband, even though I went gluten free due to allergies about 6 years ago.  I will find a way to eat salty or sweet, crunchy or soft, carb loaded foods at all times!  So paleo is not really friendly to my carb-loving ways.

However, I have been making small changes and getting away more and more every week from the foods that are toxic to my body and put me in the place 2 months ago of lethargy almost all the time.  I have read that "losing weight" or "fitness" is 10% workout and 90% diet.  I will tell you from my experience, it has made a big difference for my laziness to eat less of the processed crap!

A book that I have read recently, Why We Get Fat, And What To Do About It; by Gary Taubes, goes into what the reason is that we are all gaining weight and why it is so hard to get it off.  I have lost 8 pounds in the 2 months that I have been doing this.  You may think that is not much.  But think about the this:  I am stuffing my face full of bacon, almond butter, olive oil, steaks, almond milk, eggs, and my husband's Thai turkey wraps (I am addicted to these), and I never measure anything.  I eat until I am full.  This is because of WHAT I am eating, NOT how much I am eating.  I encourage anyone to look into this diet if you are struggling with hunger.  I am never hungry!  Our bodies were not intended to live in hunger for prolonged periods.  Don't get me wrong in current society it is difficult to follow Paleo 100% of time.  I have ice cream on a weekly basis and I have my slip ups.  This is why I started by saying I have room for improvement.  We are all a work in progress and I strive to be better every day.

So the picture above is called Paleo Breakfast Bread.  I am not the most comfortable in the kitchen, but this was quick and very easy to make.  I had to eat it as soon as it came out of the oven.  The verdict?....YUM!  It is awesome!  Here's the recipe:

Paleo Breakfast Bread

  1. In a large bowl, with a hand blender, mix almond butter until creamy
  2. Mix in eggs, honey, vanilla and stevia
  3. Add salt, baking soda and cinnamon
  4. Mix well with hand blender until all ingredients are combined
  5. Transfer batter into a well greased 8x8 inch Pyrex baking dish
  6. Bake at 325° for 12 to 15 minutes
  7. Serve
Serves 4  http://www.elanaspantry.com/paleo-breakfast-bread/


No comments:

Post a Comment